Below are some of the major influences in my life that brought me to wanting to share this work and the potential gifts it offers.
- Polo competition- I played Polo all through my time at Culver Academy, became National All Star twice. Being a member of the Black Horse troop I had the honor of riding in Inaugural Parade.
- Photography – appreciation of beauty from behind the lens and reproducing it for others
- Appreciation of life and death
- My relationship with my horses and the mentors who taught me that, just like Rolfing, is not just a physical experience. It is a mental – emotional and physical opportunity for growth and understanding of yourself and the world around you.
- EMT and Para Medic training
- My passion for life , adventure and discovery and the opportunity to share this with others
- Self and body consciousness awareness through horsemanship and working with them . ~ awareness of the influence of balance on energetic and functional relationship with horses and people.
While at Texas A&M I created a business which I still maintain, braiding the horses for Dressage competition for Region 9. “Bri the Braider”
I graduated from Texas A&M then went on to study Rolfing at the Guild for Structural Integration (SI) or Rolf Method of SI. and have been mentoring with Norma – my mom – since graduation.
We often do sessions together – called 4 handed work . It is an incredible experience for all.